谷歌脸书靠用户数据闷声发大财,网友希望借区块链夺回主动权。

• Digital giants like Google and Facebook have been harvesting our personal information, sharing and selling it. How could blockchain create a new paradigm, where the user comes first, and not a business’ bottom line?
    谷歌和脸书这样的巨头公司一直在收集和贩卖用户的个人信息。能否利用区块链技术创建一种新的模式,让用户掌握主动权。

Reddit 网友回帖

that type of info is mainly used for advertising. we get rid of advertising we get rid of the need for such metrics
    大部分的信息都被贩卖给广告商了。除非我们不用这些软件,不然无解。
    -Easier said that done...
    说的容易...
    -We get rid of advertising we get rid of free Spotify, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Etc do we not?
    没有广告就没有免费的QQ音乐,QQ空间,新浪微博和百度贴吧。
    -We do. But I would rather pay for those services that I actually like. I pay for Spotify but not Reddit. That's because my reddit needs are easily met elsewhere.
    确实如此,但我愿意为一些服务付费。我一直是QQ音乐的付费用户,但在贴吧上我就没花钱。因为可以通过其他渠道很容易满足我对贴吧的需求。
    -if you want "free" products then dont' complain about advertising.
    如果你想要“免费的”产品,那就别抱怨广告了。
    However if people simply pay small amounts like for Netflix or even micro amounts then we would eventually have vendors that do not need to rely on ad revenue, it really is that simple.
    哪怕用户愿意支付一些钱,就和给有线电视运营商的钱差不多,甚至只是一点点钱,那我们也就可以找到一些不必依赖广告收入的软件了,事实就是这么简单。
    The lack of business acumen in this sub is astounding.
    这儿的兄弟们真的是缺少基本的商业知识。
    -Totally agree with you, except for the astounding part: A large portion of this subreddit is populated by pseudo intellectual teenagers with shortsighted dreams of driving a Lamborghini to their high school and rubbing it in the faces of all the girls who rejected them. I don't expect these scrubs to understand that nearly all tech companies (big or small) generate most of their revenue from ads or harvesting user data.
    完全同意。只不过我觉得的这儿的用户大都是些傲娇的知识青年,幻想自己在校园里开着兰博基尼,在之前拒绝自己的女孩面前耀武扬威。我也不指望这些人能弄明白其实绝大部分技术公司(无论规模大小)都是靠广告和用户数据挣钱的。

Give an unproven startup your Google and Facebook data?
    把你的谷歌和脸书数据交给一个初创公司?
    Even hugely successful icos that raised billions have been shown to have gaping security issues.
    然而就是那些已经募集了数十亿自己的ico项目也存在巨大的安全问题。
    Yes instead of giving our data so few servers, lets give our data to hundreds servers.
    没错,与其让几个巨头公司握着我们的数据,还不如让所有公司都能使用我们的数据。
    Who will guarantee that data on blockchain will not become public? Decrypted and so on? Public blockchain is STUPID idea for storing private info.
    谁能保证区块链上的数据就不会被公开呢?难道肯定没法破译吗?在储存私人信息方面,公链并不是个好方案。
    Google and Facebook services are for free, no one forced us to use them, and they make our life a lot easier and comfortable, besides that, we owe this tech company a lot of credit of how our society looks like today( Good or bad this is a different matter). so although I hate that they misused their power once in a while, for me its worth it.
    谷歌和脸书的服务都是免费的,没人逼着我们用。而且谷歌和脸书让我们的生活更简单,也更舒适,此外,我们真的应该感谢这些公司,给我们的生活带来了翻天覆地的变化。(先不论好坏)因此,我虽然我也很讨厌这些公司滥用权力,但我觉得这是值得的。
    -Fb harvest your data even when you don't use their service btw. Google I'm sure do it as well.
    我得提醒你一下,就算你不用脸书的服务,它也会收集你的信息。而且我确定谷歌也会这样做。
    -There are even any people how don't use them though?
    现在还有人不用脸书和谷歌?
    -FB Pixel tracks data across sites you browse, then matches that data with as much information as possible. There's a YT video about it .
    -FB Pixel会跨站追踪你浏览的网站信息,然后将这些数据与尽可能多的信息进行匹配。油管上有相关的介绍视频。

Anything that is “free” generally isn’t free.
    任何“免费的”东西其实都是付费的。
    -It appears gratis, but you pay with your data.
    看起来像是免费,但你用自己的数据付了钱。
    -We owe them nothing.
    我们可不欠他们什么。
    -They owe us, is more like it.
    其实是他们欠我们。

First, personal information, location, habbits etc are today most valuable "currency".
    首先,个人信息,地理位置,习惯爱好之类的数据是当下最重要的“货币”。
    Crypto is just a way to try it more decentralized. But this kind of data will still be there. It will depend on who has access to it.
    加密货币只是能让这些数据更去中心化。但是数据还是存在的,只不过看谁能访问这些数据罢了。
    That big corporations and govs are already implied in crypto projects or business to have "early access" to this data.
    大公司和政府已经开始介入币圈和链圈,目的就是获取访问权限。
    As I said, there is no way around unfortunately except to live outside it.
    正如我说,除非我们完全不用这些服务,不然无解。