V神谈近日火爆的ETF

• Vitalik on Twitter: "I think there's too much emphasis on BTC/ETH/whatever ETFs, and not enough emphasis on making it easier for people to buy $5 to $100 in cryptocurrency via cards at corner stores." Personally, I think both are necessary & we need to make crypto more accessible. What do you think?
    V神推特:我认为人们过于关注BTC、ETH还有其他加密货币的ETF,而忽视了如何在日常的场景里,让人们能方便的刷卡,用加密货币进行小额支付的问题。在我看来,ETF和小额支付的问题都很重要,我们必须让加密货币更接地气。你怎么看?

Buying is a problem but selling also, it's hard to spend crypto, ok you can find some vendor or getting a gift card but this is not enough (and i will not even speak about dapps), it's a tech problem.
    The best could be a stablecoin and fast transactions, ethereum have DAI who seems to work well as a stablecoin but there is no fast payments yet.
    For most people right now, buying crypto is for selling it later for more fiat that's all.
    买币是个问题,但卖币是另一个问题。想要消费加密货币是很难的。当然,你可以在一些地方使用加密货币或者兑换成礼品卡,但仅仅如此是不够的(Dapp我就懒得说了),这其实是一个技术问题。
    最好是能找到稳定币,再让交易速度更快。以太坊已经有稳定币DAI了,而且做得很不错。但是还没有快速便捷的支付手段。
    目前,对绝大部分人来说,买加密货币就是为了升值以后再卖出,兑换成法币获利而已。

People keep talking about massive adoption with the average consumer buying/selling, but does anyone remember what happened with BTC and ETH congestion and the number of unconfirmed transactions they encountered? Almost seems like we are discussing putting the wagon in front of the horse when we discuss adoption before solving scalability issues.
    人们总是在讨论大规模适用,让一般消费者也能用上加密货币。但是你们难道忘了BTC和ETH的堵塞吗?大量的交易未能确认。在解决扩展性的问题之前讨论大规模应用是本末倒置的。

It's been 7 months since then and where is the solution to increase scalability? I know lightning network is making progress but that does not address the current issue with on-chain transactions that we will inevitably have to deal with again. I have my opinions on what we should do, but I'm not even a dev and have only been in this space for a year so I try not to spout out too much nonsense lol.
    我们在可扩展性的问题上,已经讨论了整整七个月了,然后并没有什么好的解决方案。我知道闪电网络正在不断发展,但还是没法解决目前链上交易的问题,而这一问题是我们无法回避的。对于我们应该做哪些事情,我也的确颇有想法,但是我不懂技术,又是个萌新,所以还是静静看各位大佬表演吧。嘿嘿嘿。

LN is actually pretty much a technological abortion. It won't do much for BTC, and even if it does it's literally years from being anything usable.
    闪电网络就是个渣渣,对BTC没啥大用。想要等到闪电网络发挥作用,怕是要等到猴年马月。
    ETH is working on scaling, with sharding now the way that's deemed best, and I have high hopes there. Unclogging ETH will do great things for solutions built on it, but currently in limbo due to high gas and congestion.
    ETH目前正在解决扩展性的问题,分片似乎是眼前的最佳方案,我对此感到乐观。要是能解决ETH的拥堵问题,那就万事大吉。不过当下高额的GAS费用和频繁的拥堵怕是让一切看起来都很难说。

In relation to ETH: see OMG and Plasma developments.... that's the real scaling solution for ETH.
    关于ETH:看看OMG和Plasma的开发吧...这才是ETH真真的扩展解决方案。
    Sure but who cares. The world is FIAT right now and trying to go from 0 to 100 instantly is the worst idea. Being able to pay with crypto is the first huge step in this new movement. As soon as cryptos get more stable and new coins emerge that focus more on stability, the next steps will come in. But the world will not stop using FIAT shortterm, that will take ages. I still am glad that crypto is takeing away jobs for our banks. Those guys have earned too much for the past few centuries, it's only time to replace those guys, that always lived only on high fees and not by providing real economical value, with something other than a human. Banks won't die within the next 100 years, but their responsibility and importance will surely get severely reduced.
    那可不,但是谁在乎呢?世界还是法币的天下,步子太大容易扯着蛋。这加密货币这场浪潮之中,能实现支付就已经是很大的飞跃了。只要加密火币稳定下来,稳定的币种不断浮现,人们就可以开展下一步了。短期看来,法币不会退出历史舞台。我仍然相信,加密货币会取代银行。几个世纪回来,银行都在闷声发大财,是时候该退位了。银行就靠着高额的费用挣钱,相比于其他行业,银行也没有提供实际价值。百年之内银行都会存在,但是银行的重要性和职责一定会被严重的削弱。

Lol bankers won’t be loosing their jobs anytime soon guy. Also you realize that bankers mostly manage investments. And they donit in hundreds of currencies. And even trading currencies is one of their investment strategies. Crypto is just another tool bankers will use to make money. If it becomes less volatile banks will start trading in it. And many VC firms already took large positions and made a killing. Especially in bitcoin. It’s cool you like crypto but don’t delude yourself into thinking you’re going to change the world financial system in any way.
    哈哈哈,银行才不会倒下呢。你得意识到银行一般都会进行资产管理,涉及上百种货币。而货币交易也不过是银行的投资策略之一罢了。对银行来说,加密货币只是挣钱的工具之一。如果加密货币能稳定一些,那么银行就会进行交易。而且许多风投公司已经捷足先登,赚了大钱,特别是比特币。热爱加密货币是好事,但是别自欺欺人,觉得自己会改变世界的金融秩序。
    Agreed.
    同意。
    Twitter is an absolute worthless platform for having conversations. Why do so many still use it? Why not just use reddit and set up a personal subreddit?
    对于沟通而言,推特这个平台毫无意义。为啥还有这么多人用呢?为啥他们不来用reddit,开通自己的reddit分区?(网友的反讽)

Vitalik is right most of times... So I think he's probably right this time too...
    V神说的每次都对...我站V神!
    Vitalk for President
    V神参选总统!

Who wants to buy $5 of bitcoin or ethereum when the transfer fee is a huge percentage of that $5?
    Mini hodlers?
    谁会买5块钱的BTC或者ETH啊?交易费占了一大半啊!
    小散?